The Web is quickly becoming the Mobile Web. In fact, by 2013, more consumers will access the web from mobile devices than desktop or laptop computers (source: Morgan Stanley). So as you start thinking about your site and what it looks like on a mobile device, See BELOW for 7 things to keep in mind when developing your mobile website.
If you are ready to have a SEPARATE Mobile website that reflects your current website, we can help. We will set you up with a basic mobile site based on your current website for just $495. Monthly hosting of the mobile site is just $39.95. Contact Us to learn more about our Mobile Website offerings!
Here are the 7 things to Keep in Mind when developing your mobile website:
- Style for Mobile – RELATIVE units as different size screens display differently. Visual consistency with desktop site. Minimize scrolling.
- Re-size images so big images are not pushed to small screens. Link to the big image if they want it.
- Automatically detect mobile devices and serve the mobile version of the site.
- Re-Prioritize Navigation. What’s important in mobile might be very different from the desktop. Tel # and address maybe at top instead of at bottom.
- Allow a mobile viewer a link to the FULL SITE. They may not be able to find what they are looking for on the mobile site. If they have an iPad, they may want to see the full site.
- Don’t Break Links. Show the EXACT content that a search engine had sent a viewer too or else you may create frustration.
- Measure the Audience. Find out what devices your visitors are using and optimize for those devices. Find out what content they are viewing and raise that content.
Excited about Mobile? Read on to learn what else we can do for you. Read More about our Search Marketing Program